We’ve all been hearing about how natural items are better for your health, eating organic food, and using natural items for cleaning, but what else can we do with the natural products already in your house?
- Chamomile tea – soothes the skin and is good for dry skin
- Grade A Maple Syrup, Milk, and Oats – a exfoliating facial full of antioxidants
- Baking Soda and water – exfoliating facial, cleans pores and treats acne, soothes razor burn
- Vinegar- takes sting out of mild sunburn
- Mayonnaise – removes dead skin and adds moisture
- Honey – helps cuts and minor burns heal
- Vanilla – repels mosquitoes and other insects
- Aloe – can be used for almost any skin ailment; burns, insect bites, dry skin, sooth athlete’s foot, it can even remove makeup and moisturize your skin naturally
- Meat Tenderizer- draws the pain out of bee stings
- Lemon Juice – treats acne
- Vinegar- clarifies hair, and adds shine
- Lemon juice – cut a lemon (or orange) into wedges, boil it with 2 cups of water until only 1/2 of the liquid is left, let it cool and pour it into a spray bottle – you now have homemade hairspray!
- Aloe – conditioner for smoother hair
- Baking Soda – repair chlorine-damaged hair
- Olive oil – condition hair
- Unflavored gelatin – mix 1 teaspoon with 1 cup warm water and refrigerate for homemade hair gel
- Lemon juice – reduces stains and shines nails
- A hot tea bag over the eye can relieve a Sty or Pink Eye
- Vanilla extract – soothes a toothache and works as a mouthwash
Remember, there are lots of other tools for improving your health that are already available in your house!